The best definition of stress I have heard is that “Stress is being helpless with no control of your situation.” For anyone who has been out of work you feel pretty helpless. Just sending out a resume and getting no response is frustrating.
We want to help people learn the five fundamental job search skills that are needed to get a job today. We want to help them get a good job to pay off their bills and student loans. A good job helps them get a nice place to live, a nice car and take fun vacations.
The internet has changed the job search process in a big way. We created our Top 5 Job Search Skills video to help people gain the skills they need to get a job.
1. Resume Keywording: Computers scan resumes and you can get rejected for not having the right keywords in your resume.
2. Navigate Job Search Engines: You don’t circle jobs in the help wanted section of the newspaper, you must know the tips and tricks to navigate job search engines online.
3. Build Business Profile: Sending in a resume is only the first step, now hiring managers go online to check out job applicants to choose who they will invite to interview in person.
4. Networking Technology: Networking is still the best way to find a job. Now you can use technology to find out who you know that knows someone at the company you want to work for.
5. First Impression: A hiring managers first impression of you used to be in person at the job interview. Now their first impression is made when they see your photo online.
Job skills are needed to do a job.
Job search skills are needed to get a job.
If you know someone who needs a job you may want to get our 2X Gift version of our workshop video. With this you can download the workshop video to your computer and then send the email we send you with a download link to the person who needs the job.
- You will learn how to navigate job search engines to look for jobs for them.
- How to custom keyword their resume for each job they apply for.
- How to use technology to network and see who you know that could help them get a job.
- Help them set up their business profile online.
- If they live near you, you can help them take their business headshot to make a great first impression online.
It is easy to get discourage when looking for a job. You can help them not only with encouragement but actually help them search for a job.
One Week Challenge: In less than a week a job seeker should be able to setup everything and begin using their new job search skills.
We hope this workshop can help people get a good job and have a good life.